RightFaith Clouds military


Welcome To RightFaith
I Enjoyed Writing These
RightFaith BlogRoll
Aggregators

Thursday, February 16, 2006

Good morning

Yes, thanks for your emails. I would rather be blogging. But, unfortunately this is a non-profit venture in the fullest sense of the word.

Not until today, have I been able to sit and enjoy a cup of freshly brewed coffee while preparing for today's blog activity. Mmm....coffee.

So much is happening in the world that, causing mass perplextion as to why this morning's (essentially every morning this week) Washington Post (and every other MS press) headlines with a stupid hunting accident. Tony Blankley summarizes it best:
In the absence of any pressing news these days -- other than Iran's nuclear weapons development crisis, the election of Hamas terrorists in Palestine, on-going worldwide Muslim riots and killing in reaction to a cartoon, Al Gore's near sedition while speaking in Saudi Arabia, the turning over of our East Coast ports to be managed by a United Arab Emirates firm, the criminal leaking of vital NSA secrets to the New York Times, Mexican military incursions across our southern border, the Iraqi crisis, Congress's refusal to deal with the developing financial collapse of Social Security and Medicare, inter alia--the White House press corps has exploded in righteous fury over the question of the vice president's little shooting party last weekend (cite).
I hate America's unwillingness to tackle tough issues in preference to what's easy and uninteresting.

I just finished the history novel, (I suppose that's how you describe David McCullough's texts) 1776. I was so impressed by the quality of research, the ease of reading, and the information presented in such vivid and picturesque language that made you experience the environment of the characters. McCullough depicts the 16 month struggle for credibility of George Washington and the Continental Army prior to and after the signing of the Declaration of Independence. It was excellent.

I wonder, God save us from such a day, that if military service became essential to the protection of America from an immediately threatening army, would our young men have the character to fight?

I prefer to be an idealist. I do see reality and am fully aware of life's tragedies; yet, I can see the hidden potential that, if unlocked, will transform lives. I'm a passionate person when it comes to policy formation, leadership, mentoring, and decision making not because I get my kicks off of influence, but because I recognize the consequence of the influence of policy on personal development. Policy makes a moral statement of one's relationship to the universe. Observation of law, through proximity or through the consequences of failing to abide by its demands, provide life with character development opportunities. But, I'm babbling....

I'm now reading David Frum's, "The Right Man: The Surprise Presidency of George W. Bush." Yes, I know it several years old, but I bought it at Books-a-million last fall for 3 dollars and just now getting around to it. It'll be finished before the end of the week. Who knows what's next, any suggestions?

Thoughtful Readers Speak: Post a Comment



<< Home
RIGHTFAITH: Where everything favors the stewardship of patrimony. All content is believed to be correct but may be amended based upon new information. The content of this page may be republished with proper citation without the expressed consent of the author. This site is not, in any manner whatsoever, associated with the religious philosophism from the Indian penninsula. All comments or emails to the author become the property of the author and may be published or deleted without notice or reason provided. Copyrighted 2005.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?


Social Conservative Action Centers

Archives
Web Blog Pinging Service
allianceanonymous


Add this blog to my Technorati Favorites!
GOP Bloggers
rwn