RightFaith Clouds military


Welcome To RightFaith
I Enjoyed Writing These
RightFaith BlogRoll
Aggregators

Thursday, July 20, 2006

T-Mobile President to Change FX Sponsorship

Recently, I wrote a letter (along with other social conservatives; via AFA) regarding T-Mobile's sponsorship of FX's promotion of obscenity and vulgarity. Here is the President's response to me.

Dear Jeff,

As President and CEO of T-Mobile, it is my responsibility to ensure that everything we do lines up with the qualities of our brand and what our company represents.

Recently, you sent me an e-mail inquiring about T-Mobile’s stance on placing ads on programming deemed to be inappropriate.

Our company has a longstanding policy that prohibits such advertising on TV stations or any other media carrying programming or content deemed to be offensive.

This e-mail is an effort on my part to communicate with you directly on this topic with honest and straightforward answers to your questions. Additionally, I want to apologize to you and other interested parties because – after reviewing personally some of the complaints brought to my attention – I do believe we could have acted more quickly to address what are clearly legitimate concerns.

As one of the country’s leading providers of wireless communication services to young people and families, we understand we have a powerful opportunity to make a positive difference in the lives of our customers.

For this reason, we continue to set specific standards for ourselves around what content we think T-Mobile should be affiliated with – both as a content provider and as a major advertiser across multiple media.

Our current policy guidelines make it clear that the content we provide and the programming supported by our advertising dollars must not conflict with the qualities of T-Mobile’s brand.

This means we will not support programming or content offerings that are sexually gratuitous and explicit, racist, hateful or excessively violent.

As a result of communication from you and others, I have personally taken the time to view some of the programs in question where we have run advertising. Candidly, some of the choices we have made are clearly inconsistent with who we are and what we stand for.

As a result, we are taking the following immediate actions:

In addition to removing advertising from programs brought to our attention, effective immediately, we are pulling all advertising from the FX Channel pending further review of their programming

I have directed my marketing and advertising leads to conduct a deeper review of our advertising standards to ensure that our selections are consistent with the qualities of T-Mobile’s brand

T-Mobile aspires to connect young people and families with those who matter most – all in an effort to help our customers lead richer and more fulfilling lives.
We will remain vigilant to ensure that our services, and our advertising dollars, are managed in such a way that they are always consistent with our brand and what we stand for as a company.

Thank you for taking the time to communicate with me on this topic. Your voice is heard and we are taking corrective action.

Robert Dotson

Thoughtful Readers Speak:
Well, you must be happy with that response? Nice to know some companies do care about feedback!

Nice blog, btw. :-)
 
It must be nice to live in an ivory tower and be out of touch with the people who help to pay for you to be there through payment of their services to TMobile.

With all due respect,I am a unsatisfied, disgruntled customer. I am irritated and really upset that a somthing that is so small has grown to be something so big to me.

I have purchased a phone services from your company and it is lousy to say the best! I drop calls, constantly - to the point people will not call me on my cell phone because they know that they will not be able to get through to me and when they do, the calls will drop.

I get dumb messages such as SIM CARD REGISTRATION FAILURE the only way to clear it is to turn off the phone and turn it back on. Sometimes I get EMERGENCY CALLS ONLY and it won't let you dial anywhere.

I had taken my phone to the TMOBILE phone store and spent countless hours waiting resolution to only be told that your phone is good. I also have called and spoke to Customer Service who has not resolved the issue and they get belligerent with you such as when I asked a young lady for her name and she said "L initial S."

I asked for a supervisor only to be placed on hold for an irritating long period of time without anyone picking up the phone.

I pay $123/month for a phone that I cannot really use. I am upset and ready to leave this company along with 10 people in my family.

I would like for someone such as yourself or a representative contact me to tell me what can I do to resolve this issue or to allow me out of my contract so that I can go to your competitor.

My contact information is bond8163velma@hotmail.com
 
Post a Comment



<< Home
RIGHTFAITH: Where everything favors the stewardship of patrimony. All content is believed to be correct but may be amended based upon new information. The content of this page may be republished with proper citation without the expressed consent of the author. This site is not, in any manner whatsoever, associated with the religious philosophism from the Indian penninsula. All comments or emails to the author become the property of the author and may be published or deleted without notice or reason provided. Copyrighted 2005.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?


Social Conservative Action Centers

Archives
Web Blog Pinging Service
allianceanonymous


Add this blog to my Technorati Favorites!
GOP Bloggers
rwn